About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CELEBRITY INSPIRED MAKEUP MAKEOVER!

Hey Blossoms,

I'm back with another Sherry Blossom MUMO: MakeUp Makeover! This look was inspired by Kandi Burruss.

Kandi Burruss is a R&B singer, songwriter and record producer. She is best remembered for being a former member of Xscape. After Xscape disbanded, Burruss went on to help produce and write hits like TLC's "No Scrubs", and Destiny's Child "Bills,Bills,Bills" and "Bug A Boo" and even Pink's debut single "There You Go". Burruss was the first African-American woman to win ASCAP's Songwriter of the Year Award (2000). Most recently, she is best known for her debut in the second season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

A childhood friend of mine flipped through a hair magazine and decided she wanted to go with a makeup look that was worn by Kandi Burress.

In the photo Kandi made great use of purple, lavender and pink. I thought the look was fun and definitely doable so we began.

I did not get a chance to snap a before photo(sorry blossoms I will try harder to remember sometimes you just get caught up in the excitement of a makeover!)

So on my childhood friend, I used a stick foundation, filled in and shaped her brows(she didn't get a chance to get them shaped no worries I made the brows up to look as if she had just came from the eyebrow salon), I used MAC's stars and rockets eyeshadow(lavender color with a iridescent purple glow) on her entire eyelid and stopped just below her crease and blended the color out for a softer look.I also used MAC's star violet(purple color with lighter lavender flecks) along her lower lash line to complete the eyeshadow look and make the eyes POP with color even more, black mascara to upper and lower lashes to open up her eyes more by defining her lashes and lash line, blush and a berry and pink colored lipstick and clear lipgloss went on to finish the look! See the results! She looked gorgeous, Kandi Burruss inspired but still unique to her face and skin tone!




This look was definitely fun to recreate and my friend had fun as well. She's a wonderful girl! Always on the go, a young woman with a degree in Journalism, she is a managing editor and writer for www.africastyledaily.com. As usual, a happy client and my work is done(until next time!) Stay tuned for more Sherry Blossom MakeUp MakeOvers(MUMOs)!!!! Later Blossoms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India