About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Sunday, March 6, 2011

LEOPARD PRINT + VIDEO MODEL = HOT!!!

Hey Blossoms,

I have been uber busy with photo shoots and clients. One of my most recent gigs was with a model. She was being featured as the video model in an upcoming video by an underground rap artist group. The video was shot in Harlem, NYC. She wanted a hot look....LEOPARD PRINT EYES! I was definitely up to the challenge. During the session I even convinced her to wear mascara on her bottom lashes & explained why it rocked (check out that post in the blog archives: MASCARA ON BOTTOM LASHES & WHY IT ROCKS!) I even introduced her to red lipstick, shattering the myth that she believed a woman of her complexion couldn't wear. I REPEAT: ANY WOMAN OF ANY TONE OR COMPLEXION CAN IN FACT WEAR RED LIPSTICK!!! It's all about discovering the right shade to suit you.

I didn't want to overpower her eyes with a leopard print eye similar to what Beyonce wore in her video. I decided I'd do something different for her. She had awesome almond shaped eyes and I wanted to showcase that. I decided to slant the leopard print outwards to accentuate her eye shape. For sultriness, I gave her a gold, bronze and black smokey eye. For sass, I sculpted her eyebrows to perfection and highlighted. For a vixen feel, I lined her lower lash line with MAC Feline Eye Kohl and smoked it out. For flirty eyes, I donned her with long haired "Whispies" lashes (her very own lashes were whispie-like so it made for a very full and flirty lash look) For an added touch of pure diva, I highlighted & lightly contoured and topped that by giving her a kissable red lip featuring OCC's Lip Tar in NSFW. I did NOT sheer this out. I made sure to keep it true to color and placed OCC's Lip Tar in Clear over for a shine that made her full lips shimmer.

Her shoes were the inspiration.... SUPER STILETTOS is what I call them. A super slim heel of approx. 5-6 inches! LEOPARD print all over!




I also airbrushed her makeup using TEMPTU PRO S/B Airbrush Makeup. I absolutely ADORE TEMPTU. If your searching for an airbrush system or new airbrush foundation I would definitely recommend them. Not the consumer TEMPTU airbrush pod system sold at Sephora but the PRO system equipped with airbrush compressor and gun (sold either in the larger compressor or portable compressor...I own the larger compressor because its longer lasting and able to handle larger jobs like body art/tanning.) TEMPTU airbrush makeup is great because it is silicone based and can last 16 plus hours! Not to be forgotten it's smudge proof, water proof, and transfer- proof! She loved the final look & I even got the artist to say "Good job" before he had to perform his piece in the video. AWESOME!


Here's the final look:






I have so much more to update you all on...so stay tuned!


Until Next Time,

Later Blossoms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India