About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MASCARA ON BOTTOM LASHES & WHY IT ROCKS!

Hey Blossoms,

We ALL love mascara but many of us have yet to discover wearing mascara on our bottom lashes. Yes I've heard it all before from "I don't have bottom lashes" to "It smears and gives me racoon eyes" to "I have dark circles under my eyes and can't wear anything there or it'll just look darker!". I'm here to say UNTRUE! UNTRUE! UNTRUE!

MASCARA MYTHS

"I don't have bottom lashes."

Ok this one is easy. EVERYONE has BOTTOM lashes, unless you suffer from hair loss (which falsies would then suffice), you DO have bottom lashes they may just be shorter or thinner than you may like. That's where mascara comes in to play. It can take short, thin lashes and add volume and length creating an instant eye-opening (no pun intended) look!

"It smears and gives me raccoon eyes"

Ok I can understand this one but it's easy to solve too. One word! WATERPROOF! Using waterproof mascara along your bottom lashes will prevent any smearing or running in case your eyes become watery and run or if your just a sap lol.

"I have dark circles under my eyes and can't wear anything there or it'll just look darker!"

Ok this has got to be the TOP reason! I'll shatter this one in 3 easy steps.

STEP ONE: CONCEALER!!! Place concealer under your eyes and be sure to set it with powder so that it lasts throughout the day and doesnt crease or fade.

STEP TWO: HIGHLIGHT!! Make sure that after concealing the powder you use to set the concealer is lighter than your overall foundation color so that you highlight under the eye and tops of cheek bones!

STEP THREE: Same as the second excuse given use a WATERPROOF mascara so that it doesn't smear or run and make under your eyes darker.

And VIOLA problem solved!

For myself I take my time and carefully apply waterproof mascara to my bottom lash. Be sure to lightly move the mascara wand through your bottom lashes. If you make a mistake and get mascara under your eye use a Q-tip to quickly wipe it off and if it smears take a q-tip dipped in makeup remover and dab it off be careful not to get it into your eye. Be sure to comb through clumps with the mascara wand and apply as many coats as necessary. Waterproof mascara can be drying so apply a clear mascara FIRST to protect your lashes if you have lashes that break easily, and then apply.

Now that we've shattered all of those "Mascara Myths" let's get down to the different types of mascaras available and their use.

LENGTHENING

This mascara is used to straighten your lashes and give the look of serious length it's definitely great for those of you who believe your lashes are "too short".

SEPARATION

This mascara is used to separate each lash and completely groom lashes that may grow at different angles and is good for any length of lashes that may clump together or grow unevenly.

VOLUME

This mascara adds volume to the base of your eyelashes and make them seem fuller and is great for thin scarce lashes

THICKENING

This mascara adds bulk to the entire eyelash and definitely gives that va-va-voom look from the mascara commercials and is best for anyone wanting super thick lashes!

There are MANY mascaras available from a wide range of cosmetic companies. Don't be afraid to mix different formulas. There are many people that use 2 different mascaras. Pick the mascara that will do the best job for you and your lashes. My eyelashes are naturally long and are full but not super thick. When I say full I mean along my entire lash line there aren't any bare areas. So when I look for mascara for myself I look for lengthening, separation and volume! I've joked before that I want it to look like I have TARANTULAS on my eyes!!


Mascara upgrades ANY makeup look and can even add sass to your overall look by ITSELF! A little foundation, concealer, lip gloss and mascara can send you on your way in 5 minutes flat!

I've already done a TRUE REVIEW on Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara for both the regular formula and the waterproof formula. Check out that youtube video here. MY YOUTUBE BEAUTY CHANNEL  I'll be sure to review many other mascaras I use and the ones in my kit soon so stay tuned!


Mascara is a necessity ladies and this is definitely one you don't want to pass up. Pictures are worth a 1,000 words so can you hear these pictures talking?























Hope you enjoyed!

Friend me on FACEBOOK HERE

Follow me on TWITTER HERE


Until Next Time,

Later Blossoms

2 comments:

ZaraLouU said...

im always harping on at my mother to do the lower lash line and she always uses those excuses, then also said 'you shouldn't do that it'll wreck your eyes!' - and mascara on the top wont? pah! i agree, lower lash mascara opens the eyes more gives them a doe eyes look i love it.

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM said...

Yes it does! I've used all these excuses in the past myself! lol...that's why I know exactly how to shatter those myths!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India