About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Monday, January 31, 2011

BLOSSOMING QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is the eye crease?

Hey Blossoms,

Today's question is a simple one but quite perplexing to those makeup beginners.

WHAT IS THE EYE CREASE AND WHERE IS IT ON ME?


The eye crease is the area of the eye that is just above the lid and that is folded or creased. See diagram above.


This area of the eye is usually shaded in with a darker eyeshadow than what is used on the lid to provide dimension and definition to the shape of the eye. The eyeshadow used here is usually the darkest color than all the others used on the eye.

The eye crease is different on everyone because everyone has a different eye shape. Some have more defined creases than others and some don't have an eye crease at all in what is known as Monolid. Here's a few pictures to explain



With Monolids, the crease needs to be created and can be done using a dark eyeshadow to contour the eye and create the "crease". Here's a few photos showing how a crease can be created.



Here's a few pictures showing various shaped creases and where the crease brush should be placed during eyeshadow application:




Here's a few photos showing a dark eyeshadow used in the eye crease. Some times the look is soft other times its more dramatic and thats know as a CUT CREASE LOOK. Basically the line of demarcation is left between the lid color and sometimes brow color so you can see exactly where the crease was CUT or started. This look is very popular and can even be found worn by your favorite celebrities. Notice how depending on the intensity, color, placement the different looks it gives to the eye.


Nikki Minaj




Britney Spears

Here's a few looks of my own where I've made my crease more defined and even "cut" the crease but used more a natural feel to it so that its wearable even for an everyday makeup look.





Hope you enjoyed!

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

www.facebook.com/sherryblossombeauty

JOIN ME ON TWITTER

www.twitter.com/mssherryblossom

JOIN ME ON YOUTUBE

www.youtube.com/sherryblossombeauty


Until Next Time,

Later Blossom

(NOTE: ALL images, except my own(the last 3) were provided by Google images. If you see your image here and want a direct link to your website included please email me at sherryblossombeauty@gmail.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India