About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Saturday, January 15, 2011

LIVING YOUR DREAM: Makeup Artist Style

Hey Blossoms,


What's the meaning of DREAM and where did this word, that means so much, originate? According to www.dictionary.com it means


DREAM [dreem]
noun, verb, dreamed or dreamt, dream·ing, adjective

–noun
1.
a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passingthrough the mind during sleep.
2.
the sleeping state in which this occurs.
3.
an object seen in a dream.
4.
an involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake.
5.
a vision voluntarily indulged in while awake; daydream;reverie.
6.
an aspiration; goal; aim: A trip to Europe is his dream.
7.
a wild or vain fancy.
8.
something of an unreal beauty, charm, or excellence.
–verb (used without object)
9.
to have a dream.
10.
to indulge in daydreams or reveries: He dreamed aboutvacation plans when he should have been working.
11.
to think or conceive of something in a very remote way(usually fol. by of ): I wouldn't dream of asking them.
–verb (used with object)
12.
to see or imagine in sleep or in a vision.
13.
to imagine as if in a dream; fancy; suppose.
14.
to pass or spend (time) in dreaming (often fol. by away ): todream away the afternoon.
–adjective
15.
most desirable; ideal: a dream vacation.
16.
dream up, to form in the imagination; devise: They dreamedup the most impossible plan.


Origin: 
1200–50;  ME dreem,  OE drēam  joy, mirth, gladness, c. OS drōm mirth, dream, ON draumr,  OHG troum  dream; modern sense firstrecorded in ME but presumably also current in OE, as in OS

dreamful, adjective
dream·ful·ly, adverb
dream·ful·ness, noun
dream·ing·ly, adverb
dreamlike, adjective
re·dream, verb, -dreamed or -dreamt, -dream·ing.
un·dreamed, adjective
un·dream·ing, adjective
un·dream·like, adjective


1. Dream, nightmare,  and vision  refer to the kinds of mentalimages that form during sleep. Dream  is the general term for anysuch succession of images. A nightmare  is a dream that bringsfear or anxiety: frightened by a nightmare. Vision  refers to aseries of images of unusual vividness, clarity, order, andsignificance, sometimes seen in a dream. 






 So this story starts off with dreams of being a model and then a fashion designer and then ultimately where I am today as a makeup artist! I always seemed drawn to anything  that warranted the flow of creative energy and thoughts! Unfortunately many "creative" jobs are also competitive and although the world means well it doesn't push those who aspire to work in those "creative" fields because "everyone" wants to do it and the available opportunities are slim. Initially that affected my drive and as Langston Hughes asks "What happens to a dream Defferred?". Well my dreams just buried itself deeper into the depths of my mind and heart and underneath life, family, friends, errands, chores, shopping and "priorities" as deemed by society.


 Fortunately, dreams are  like learning to ride a bike you NEVER forget it! I began my "creative transformation" and makeup was my tool. Slowly but surely I began to have a love for makeup like my love for EMS! I'm talking living, sleeping, breathing it! With many many mistakes, constructive criticism and lots of reading, research and practice I was ready. Ready to launch as a freelance Makeup Artist: SHERRY BLOSSOM BEAUTY: "Making your inner beauty blossom...always."



 It was received with so much support and encouragement and have met MANY amazing people along the way. Imagine having TWO careers you love being a career woman already in EMS and launching my OWN business was beyond fathomable in it's infancy but seeing it manifest right before my eyes, as much as I put it was as much as I was receiving back, is both surreal and euphoric! No two paths will ever be alike nor do they have to be connected. If you want to be a doctor and a break dancer then DO IT! If you want to be a chef and an opera singer DO IT! If you want to be a Paramedic and a Makeup Artist (I'm talking to myself here) then DO IT!. Do what you love unconditionally and it'll be good to you!


MY FIRST LOVE: EMS


MY OTHER LOVE: MAKEUP ARTISTRY

So I tell you if you have a vision, see it AND believe it. Don't give up no matter how long ago you first dreamt it. Dreams don't have expirations dates but life does so live it to the absolute fullest. Any aspiring artist...whether it's makeup artistry, hairstyling, fashion designer, stylist, model, photographer, manicurist, jewelry maker, buyer, painter, artist, dancer, singer,poet,rapper,cook,seamtress, and any other "creative" job(sorry if I've left any Field out) you CAN do it, no matter what age, lifestyle, career path your on already, marital status, or how many children. Dream for YOU AND DREAM BIG!






I'd love to hear your "I'm FINALLY living MY dream!" story!

Until Next Time

Later Blossoms




SOURCES:

American Psychological Association (APA):

dream. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved January 15, 2011, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dream

Chicago Manual Style (CMS):

dream. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dream (accessed: January 15, 2011).

Modern Language Association (MLA):

"dream." Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. 15 Jan. 2011. <Dictionary.comhttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dream>.

Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE):

Dictionary.com, "dream," in Dictionary.com Unabridged. Source location: Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dream. Available:http://dictionary.reference.com. Accessed: January 15, 2011.

BibTeX Bibliography Style (BibTeX)

@article {Dictionary.com2011,
    title = {Dictionary.com Unabridged},
    month = {Jan},
    day = {15},
    year = {2011},
    url = {http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dream},

*PHOTOS are courtesy of Google images*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India