About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Monday, January 24, 2011

WHY WEAR LIP LINER?

Hey Blossoms,




MY LOGO INSPIRED THIS POST: 



So today's question is: WHY WEAR LIP LINER? 



***KEY NOTE: ALWAYS EXFOLIATE LIPS BEFORE PLACING ON ANY LIP PRODUCT***




Before answering that we must first explain what lip liner is and what's its purposes, the pros and cons.


Pencil lip liners

Retractable lip liners



Lip liner is a pencil or retractable pencil that is used to line the rim of the mouth. It's purpose is to define the mouth and prevent lipstick and gloss from "bleeding" or running onto the outer rim of the mouth. Also to even out the rim of the lips for a more defined shape. Lip liner comes in many different colors and can be a god send for those wanting to try bold lip colors. Let me explain, I love red lipstick but sometimes I'll find a shade of red that I love but it's far to bright to just place directly on my lips. What I'll do is line my lips with a medium to dark brown lip liner and then apply the lipstick. I'll blot my lips together meshing the lip liner lightly into the lipstick thus allowing for a nice transition from my skin tone to the lip liner and then to the lipstick. I've included pictures to show you exactly what I mean.






Some even use lip liner to make the lips appear smaller by lining the lips on the inside rim of the lips(top, bottom,or both) and using concealer or foundation to cover the natural lip line. Here's a few photos to show you what I mean










Or lip liner can be used to make the lips appear bigger by lining the outside rim of the lips and some even create a crest right at the top of the lip if they don't naturally have one. Here's a few photos to show you what I mean.

















Or lip liner can be used to help create unique editorial, avant garde or costume lip looks. Check out these photos















A key to remember in lining your lips to appear bigger or smaller is to make a sutle change. Don't try and go from thinner lips to Angelina Jolie shaped lips because it'll look very unnatural and the same goes for reverse. Another trick to making lips appear fuller is to add lip gloss! And to appear smaller skip the lipgloss and stick with a matte shade of lipstick! (Note: shine/gloss finish makes lips instantly appear fuller)




I believe the only con of wearing lip liner is that if you dont use a smudgeproof/waterproof one it can fade quickly and the reverse of that is a highly pigmented lip liner can stain your lips but it can be removed with a little extra rubbing and makeup remover. I dont believe its any more a risk of either types of lip liners than what you take wearing lip balm, lip tint, lipgloss, lipsticks or lip stains or anything else on your lips...I'll explain the difference in all in another post. 



All in all lipliner is an accessory to lipstick or lipgloss(yes you can wear lipliner along with JUST lipgloss) and isn't a necessity in the overall makeup application steps but it does have it's benefits. Not wearing lip liner you run the risk of having your lipstick or lipgloss "bleed" onto the outer rim of your lips and make the shape of your lips looks a little distorted. Another pro of lipliner is if you use it to fill in the lips and place lipstick over it your lipstick will last longer! Yes a proven fact! Think of it as a primer for your lips! If you use a lipliner the same color as your lipstick and use this technique as your lipstick fades you will still have a "stain" of color on your lips, as oppose to your lipstick completely fading away leaving no color. We all know that sometimes you can't run to the restroom or open your compact mirror for a touch up/ re application so this is a boost for your lip colors staying power! 












Hope you enjoyed!

 Until Next Time,

Later Blossoms!




(Images provided by Google Images)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India