About Me

MAKEUP BY SHERRY BLOSSOM
Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting! I'm a budding freelance makeup artist and makeup/beauty blogger! I reside in New York where I was born and raised. I love this place! I'm young, vibrant and creative! Please I encourage you to follow my blog, leave comments, ask questions or even browse. I look forward to hearing from you!
View my complete profile

Sunday, May 1, 2011

SAM FINE IS COMING TO TOWN--- HARLEM, NY!

Hey Blossoms,



If you don't already know Celebrity Makeup Artist, Sam Fine is one of my favorite makeup artists. I've done a blog post on him before and even showcased some of his work. I also have a Youtube video where I showcase a makeup look I did that was inspired by the makeup techniques he teaches. That video can be viewed HERE! Mr.Fine does amazing work. Skilled and personally selected to make up the faces of icons such as Patti LaBelle, Naomi Campbell, Vanessa Williams and Iman to name a few, he is the MAN! So of course when I received an email stating he was coming to town...not just ANY town but MY home town...HARLEM, NY I smiled! (and attempted the moon walk but it didn't turn out that well thats why its in parenthesis..lol)

I was born and raised in Harlem, running up and down the streets surrounding landmarks like the Apollo, Riverbank State Park, Sugar Hill and even the place where the FIRST attempt to assassinate Martin Luther King Jr. was made (YES there was a first attempt made!). in Blumstein's Department Store which is now a women's clothing store known as High Energy on 125th street. The year was 1958 and Dr. King who was 29 years old was attacked by a deranged woman and was rushed to Harlem Hospital where he had emergency surgery by a trauma team lead by Harlem's first black chief surgeon, Dr. Aubre Maynard, to remove the steel letter opener she stabbed him with. Ten years later in 1968 the 2nd attempt to assassinate him was made and sadly carried out in Memphis, Tennessee.

I was born in Harlem Hospital and later worked my first 2 years in EMS in that same area. Truly carrying out the saying "giving back to my community". So anytime there is an event or when I feel nostalgic I'll return to the place I love so much. Well here is an EXCELLENT opportunity to not only be around one of the greatest in the makeup artistry field but to visit my community, which is still very much a part of me. When people mistake me for being from the area I currently reside in I confidently but kindly correct them and say "No, I'm from Harlem!"

So SAVE THE DATE and if any of you are in the area be sure to drop by! Here are the details below:

SAM FINE APPEARANCE

Harlem Vintage Presents

Beautiful Reds a tasting of Red wines

And Special Appearance

Celebrity Makeup Artist, Sam Fine

Date: May 12th, 2011
Time: 7pm-9pm
Place: 2235 Frederick Douglass Blvd. (also known as 8th avenue for true Harlemites) between 120th and 121st streets Harlem, NY 10027
Ph: 212 866 9463

FREE ADMISSION

Purchase Fine's instructional makeup DVD for the special price of $20.00*
Receive a FREE Covergirl Queen Collection Lip Color with the purchase of the DVD

*price does notinclude tax














Sam Fine, makeup, wine, laughter, networking , Harlem and an overall good FREE time what more could you ask for?! I'm hoping I can clear my schedule and attend this event after all I did tell Mr. Fine what FOTD (face of the day) stood for!!!! I hope he remembers me!!  :)

Will you be attending?

Until Next Time,

Later Blossoms

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LINKEDWITHIN

DISCLAIMER

All products are purchased with my own money. If any products are endorsed, sponsored or given free for review it will be mentioned in the blog posting.

I do not accept payment, prizes, credit, endorsements or sponsorships in exchange for mention on this blog. I uphold integrity and honesty to provide all my readers with my honest opinion of products actually tried whether liked or disliked.

This entire blog is my opinion. Please consult with a doctor before trying any recommended products if you suffer from any thing that may counter-indicate the products use.

Sherry Blossom Beauty is the sole owner of this domain and all photos. Some photos are supplied via Goggle image and its stated in the post. Please be sure to credit this website for any photos or links used from this website.

Comments are the opinion of poster & publishing of all/any comments is in no way an endorsement by Sherry Blossom Beauty...

I LOVE THIS PLACE FOR GREAT MAKEUP @ AFFORDABLE PRICES!

About

Popular Posts

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India